New Updated Website!: We are pleased to announce the launch of our new website! Our goal is to provide our residents and visitors an easy way to access information. The user-friendly content is well organized so you can easily navigate the site to find the information you’re looking for. The website will always be up to date with current and valuable information. Please be patient with us while we are still in the process of making some improvements! 

Recent notices

Welcome to Town of Ripon, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin

The Town of Ripon is located in the northwest corner of Fond du Lac County about 20 miles west of the City of Fond du Lac, the county seat and surrounds the City of Ripon. The Town has a population of approximately 1400 people.

The area consists of rich farm land which has a diversity of farming operations, rural residential developments and wetlands with Silver Creek running through to Green Lake. On the north line of the Town lies the southern edge of the largest "Prairie Pothole" east of the Mississippi River being Rush Lake, a great area for duck hunters and bird watchers.

There are also many recreational opportunities within the Town for the outdoor lovers to enjoy. They include: Riggs County Park, Northwestern Trail, Mascoutin Valley Trail and The Southwoods Nature Preserve.

The website is a work in progress with additions and changes related to the Town of Ripon being prepared for posting. If you have questions or need information please contact the Town Clerk, Cindy Beier at 920-748-2019 or the Town Chairman, Barry VandeBrink at 920-896-2695 or e-mail at

Find the answers you need!

Conditional Use, Land Use, Rezoning Permits?
Conditional Use Permit Applications, Land Use Permit Applications, Rezoning Applications and Variance Applications are all handled by the Zoning Administrator - Rick Koon 920-896-2212
Building Permits?
Building Permits are issued by the Town's Building Inspector - Grand Valley Inspection Services, Susan Leahy at 920-229-6360
Difference between needing a Conditional Use, Variance or a Rezoning Permit?
Difference between needing a Conditional Use, Variance or a Rezoning Permit Conditional Use Permit:  A Conditional Use Permit is to be used when requesting a use not permitted by an Ordinance in a Zoning District. Variance:  A Variance is used when a request to change a requirement in an Ordinance such as-- set backs, etc. created by a hardship not caused by the individual. Rezoning:  A Rezoning is used to request to rezone a parcel from one zoning to another.